Requesting ID Cards
Need to request additional or replacement ID cards? Visit the ID Request page and login, or register if you are a first time user.
Some Important Info About Your ID Card
- Keep your ID card with you at all times. When you visit a doctor or hospital, they may request to see your ID card when you visit.
- If Trustmark Group Benefits is a new plan for you, your employer should provide you with a copy of a temporary ID card for use until your permanent ID card is mailed to you.
- When using your temporary ID card, your doctor or provider may need to use your Social Security number as a member ID, to verify your benefits. However, once you receive your permanent ID card, it will have a unique member identifier instead of your Social Security number.
- If you need to go to a doctor or provider before you receive your permanent ID card, simply bring a copy of your temporary ID card.
FAQ's About ID Cards
- I need replacement or additional cards. How do I obtain them?
- Why did I receive a duplicate card that I did not request?
- When can I expect to receive my permanent, plastic ID card?
- I have an appointment with my doctor and don’t have my permanent ID card. What should I do?
- What do I do if the name on my ID card is wrong?
I need replacement or additional cards. How do I obtain them?
Replacement or extra cards can be requested online through the Trustmark Companies Web site. Use the following URL address: www.trustmarkins.com/group.
- Click on Members/Insureds
- Click on the ID Card Section link
- Click on link under "Requesting ID Cards"
- When requesting cards please verify your mailing address
You may also request replacement or additional ID cards by:
- Calling our Premium Customer Service number at (800) 351-2526; OR
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR
- Contacting your employer’s plan administrator to request more cards
All other premium and eligibility related questions should be directed to your employer’s plan administrator.
Why did I receive a duplicate card that I did not request?
Since it is very important to Trustmark Group Benefits that we mail your ID cards to you as quickly as possible, we’ve automated the process as much as we can for the fastest card production. Because of this automation, our system will often generate cards when a change is made to your plan. However, these cards are duplicates of the card(s) you already have.
When can I expect to receive my permanent, plastic ID card?
Once your employer sends us your enrollment information or once it is electronically submitted (if using our online enrollment system), it can take up to five (5) business days to be updated in our system. Once this update is complete, cards are mailed within 7-10 days.
Occasionally, your enrollment information is received at Trustmark Group Benefits many weeks before your insurance effective date. However, in case any changes are made to your plan or enrollment, cards are not created until twenty days before your effective date.
I have an appointment with my doctor and don’t have my permanent ID card. What should I do?
Go to your employer's plan administrator and get a copy of the temporary ID card for your employer's plan. All participating providers should accept the temporary card.
When you go to the doctor or provider, they will need your Social Security number to verify your benefits. You may need to give them your social security number. However, when you receive your permanent ID card, it will contain a unique member identifier that is different from your Social Security number.
What do I do if the name on my ID card is wrong?
Please notify your employer's plan administrator. They will contact Trustmark Group Benefits, who will make the necessary change to get your ID card corrected.